Surviving Seattle in the Fall...
It doesn't matter that I was born in Washington, I spent long enough outside of the state to loose my "cold skin" and to be perpetually cold all the time. I also am not a fan of being damp for 75% of the day because the cold weather and constant drizzle just invades your body and bones. So from my many years living here and the fact that I left and had to come back, I've learned a few things that have helped me survive Seattle in the Fall.
- Wear layers
- Wear rain boots on the bus or in the car, and change into your nice pair when you get to your destination
- A light shell raincoat with a hood
- NO UMBRELLAS
- Humidity control hair spray
- Dry Shampoo (for when it's too cold to take a shower)
- Get a pet!
- Get on a healthy schedule
- Find a local coffee/tea shop
- Embrace the Pumpkin Spice, just deal with it.
- No one can drive in the rain
- Get food ( and wine) delivered
Check out the video for a little more detail about how I survive Seattle in the Fall