Dark Chocolate Fudge with Peanut Butter
I was looking for a quick and easy (and chocolatey) dessert to make one night and it dawned on me...FUDGE! I've never made fudge unsupervised. Only with friends who have process down pat, so this was going to be a new adventure in the kitchen for me. After looking around for a few recipes, I mixed and matched until I created my new favorite quick and easy fudge. Plus, its gluten free, dairy free, vegan and still freakin' delicious.
This is a pretty basic recipe, one that you can customize and make your own!
You will need:
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- I used "refined" coconut oil, so there isn't much coconut flavor but if you want that flavor, go ahead and use "unrefined!"
- 1 cup unsweetened coco powder
- I used Hershey's, but feel free to try out a few different kinds to find the one that you really like. In an effort to perfect your fudge, not just have an excuse to make more fudge of course ;)
- 1/2 cup Honey/Maple Syrup/Agave
- This is your sweetener. I used honey, but again, make more fudge and try out different types!
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup melted peanut butter
First- take an 8 x 8 pan and spray with non-stick spray, butter or if you have wax/parchment paper, line it. This will make the fudge easier to get out of the pan once it's done.
Sift the coco powder through a fine mesh strainer (this isn't required, but it gives the fudge a great velvety texture when you eat it).
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. I usually let my stand mixer work on the low speed for a minute or three.
Pour into the pan! If you are making plain fudge, then just put in the fridge for a few hours to let it set and you're done! But if you are like me and need that salty to go with the sweet...
Just melt a few heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter and drizzle (heavily) over your pan. You can also run a table knife or a toothpick through the drizzle to make a pretty design.
So follow this recipe, or tweak it to make it your own! Either way...it's gonna be so tasty!