My family comes from all over. I was born in the Pacific Northwest, lived in Texas. My parents have lived all over the world and their parents have strong southern and midwest roots. I like to incorporate all those flavors and traditions in my cooking. So while this recipe may not be traditional in any one sense, it's great food! You will need:
- 1 tablespoon Chili seasoning-(use my recipe right HERE)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 1 16 oz can red kidney beans (drained)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium tomatos (diced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 stalks of green onions (diced)
- Cheddar cheese (grated)
Heat the oil in the pan with the minced garlic.
Add the meat and the chili seasoning, brown the meat until fully cooked.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the green onions and cheese) to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let cook for about 30-45 minutes minimum. Feel free to let this cook all day for the flavors to really mingle. Chili always tastes better the next day, so the longer it cooks, the better!
Top with the green onions and cheese!