Chili is a staple in my house during the cold months. It's so easy to make and it's warm and satisfying! Instead of using the chili packets from the store, it's so easy to make your own! And it's easy to store and keeps for months! You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder (4 if you want it to be spicier)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Optional – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mix in a container with a lid and shake!
Use to make your next chili! Just use about 1 tablespoon per pound of meat!