Chicken Pad Thai-Gluten Free
Alex and I love Thai food. It's one of the things we crave on a regular basis and order takeout from quite often. But it's not as difficult to make as you would think! This recipe makes enough for 2! You will need:
- 8oz rice noodles (I used Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles, they are gluten free!)
- 4 tbsp Olive or Veggie oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into small pieces or strips
- Pad Thai sauce (I used Thai Kitchen Pad Thai Sauce, again, because it's gluten free!)
- 4 tbsp red curry paste (optional)
- 4 stalks of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2-4 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Cook the noodles according to the package directions, rinse with cool water and drain completely. Set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet and scramble the eggs on medium high heat until they are just barely done. Remove from the pan and set aside.
If desired, mix chicken and red curry paste together.
Add remaining oil to pan and add chicken and garlic. Cook until done over medium high heat.
Add noodles, sauce and green onions. Cook until heated through and the noodles are tender. About 3-4 minutes.
Stir in bean sprouts and egg, remove from heat. Place in your bowls and top with the chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime wedge!