Baked Banana Rice Pudding
Vegan, Gluten Free and a perfect light dessert!
Great both warm or cold!
You will need:
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup short grain white rice
- 3 1/2 cups vanilla coconut milk
- 1 whole vanilla bean or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- If using vanilla bean, slice it open and scrape out the flavorful insides
- 2 tbs vegan butter (Earth Balance works great!)
- 1/4 cup sugar
Pre heat oven to 325
Let the rice soak in the coconut milk for about 20-30 minutes in a saucepan.
Dice up the bananas and toss in the saucepan with the rice and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Once it is boiling, add in the sugar, vanilla and butter and stir to combine and melt the butter.
Remove from the heat and pour into a baking pan. A 9X9 works well.
Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, top with fresh sliced bananas if you like, and enjoy!