Chilled Lemon Pepper Pasta
Gluten free and a perfect summer meal
Sometimes, the default for dinner is leftovers and pasta. In the summer that just doesn't fly when it's 80 degrees and sweltering in your tiny apartment.
You will need!
- 2-3 cups gluten free pasta
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbs lemon juice
- Your favorite sauce or salsa...as much as you like
- 2 tbs fresh parsley (1 tbs if dried)
- Protein of your choice, ( I used Spinach and Feta chicken sausage)
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato slices
Cook your pasta according to directions and drain. DO NOT RINSE. Pasta needs to hold on to those starches so the sauce can coat and stick.
Once drained, season with salt and pepper and let chill. I put mine in a bowl in the freezer for a good 20 min while I cooked up the sausage.
Cook up/warm up your protein and set aside. Slice up if needed.
Once your pasta is chilled. Pull it out and toss in the parsley, sun dried tomato and lemon juice. Top with your sauce (pesto, marinara etc). I used some chunky salsa because I was in the mood for some spice.
Toss your pasta to coat with your sauce and then add your protein and cheese if you like!