Wine & Dijon Marinated Veggies
I'm trying to eat healthier, and getting more veggies. It's hard to keep things interesting then just raw, sauteed or steamed. Sometimes they just get so blah...and adding salt isn't the best. This is quick, easy and uses wine! I was sold!
You will need:
- 3-4 tablespoons dry white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons course ground Dijon mustard
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I used course ground sea salt)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup small brown cremini mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup bell pepper, sliced thin (red, yellow, or orange)
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and cut into 1 inch chunks
Slice bell peppers, mushrooms and zucchini, put in large bowl and add tomatoes.
Mix rest of ingredients in another bowl and whisk together. Pour over veggies and stir to evenly coat.
Cover with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. DONE! Just spoon and serve and enjoy! I had mine with grilled chicken for lunch.