Savory Stuffed Baked Apples
You will need:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 3-4 strips of bacon, cooked, diced
- 2 tps salt
- 1 tbs ground sage
- 1/2 tbs basil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbs oregano
- 1 tps paprika
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 medium-large apples, core
Pre-heat oven to 375
Heat oil in pan over medium heat
Cut chicken into small bite sized pieces, and add to pan.
Season chicken with salt, sage, basil, garlic, oregano and paprika.
Cook chicken until just done. Remove from heat. Add bacon, hazelnuts and cheese. Stir and combine
Core apples and scrap out a little more of the insides to make room for the filling.
Wrap apples in tin foil, fill with mixture. Stuff to the brim!
Place on cookie sheet and bake for 45-1 hour. Until the apples are soft.
Remove from oven and un-do the foil. Enjoy!