Prosciutto & Asparagus Pasta
Pasta is always something quick and easy. It's a great medium for all types of food. So when I came across this recipe, I had to try it! I love prosciutto and asparagus, it seemed right up my alley and very quick and easy. It turned out amazing! My whole family really liked it! Not only was it tasty, but it took about 30 minutes from start to finish. You will need:
8 oz angel hair pasta
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 large onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
4 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4-1/3 of a cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp chile flakes
1) Cook your pasts. Just follow the instructions on the back, those work fine. (While it is cooking, you can move ahead to the next steps!) Once it is finished cooking, drain and return it to the pot.
2) Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic, and mushrooms for about 2 minutes. You should be able to smell them.
3) Add prosciutto and asparagus, cook for about 2 minutes, the asparagus should be a bright green color.
4) Add the cream, the cheese, pepper and chile flakes. (if you don't like a little heat, then you feel free to leave out the chile flakes, I won't judge!)
5) Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook until the sauce has thickened. This usually takes about 4 minutes.
6) Pour sauce, with all it's fixings, over the pasta to coat it. Top with more cheese and you are good to go!
There are plenty of things you can substitute if you aren't a fan of prosciutto (which you should be, it's great and freakin' delicious). Bacon, chicken, even tofu can be a good switch. And if you don't have asparagus, or you don't like it, broccoli or green beans will work too.
Hope you enjoy and have a great dinner!